Our IP specialists work at all stage of the IP life cycle and provide strategic advice about patent, trade mark and registered designs, as well as any IP-related disputes and legal and commercial requirements.
Camille handles the full range of patent work in the life sciences sector, with a particular focus on bioinformatics/computational biology, precision medicine, medical devices and bioengineering.
Areas of Expertise
- Genomics, proteomics, transcriptomics and microbiomics
- Machine learning and AI, particularly in medtech and biotech
- Computer implemented inventions in the field of personalised medicine, drug discovery, protein engineering
- Control/monitoring of biotech processes including production processes
- High throughput assay technologies, including mass spectrometry, sequencing, cell-sorting, interaction and activity screening, and laboratory automation systems
- Synthetic and systems biology
Camille’s clients include UK- and EU-based large and small biotechnology companies, universities and research charities. She also represents overseas clients at the European Patent Office, including multinational pharmaceutical companies, US biotech companies of all sizes, and US universities. She has particular experience working with companies and organisations that focus on data driven technologies.
She is experienced in providing advice on IP management to companies of all sizes, as well as Freedom to Operate, patentability, validity and infringement, and due diligence advice.
Camille has a PhD from the University of Cambridge and the EMBL-European Bioinformatics Institute. Her PhD research focused on the combined analysis of various sources of high-content data to reverse engineer healthy and diseased cellular signalling networks, and the effects of drugs on these networks. Prior to that, she completed a Master’s degree in Bioengineering at the University of Brussels and a Masters in Computational Biology at the University of Cambridge. . She joined Mewburn Ellis LLP in 2019, having qualified as a Chartered Patent Attorney and European Patent Attorney in 2018.