Our IP specialists work at all stage of the IP life cycle and provide strategic advice about patent, trade mark and registered designs, as well as any IP-related disputes and legal and commercial requirements.
Lucy works primarily in the computer software, electrical engineering, transport, and mechanical engineering sectors. She is involved with all stages of the patent process, particularly in the drafting and prosecuting of applications in the UK and at the EPO. She also has experience in oppositions and opinion work.
Areas of Expertise
- Medical devices, such as inhalers
- Semiconductor and optical devices
- Sportswear and sporting goods
- Aeronautical engineering, including gas turbine engines
- Automotive technology such as safety systems
- Computer Implemented Inventions
Lucy works with a wide range of clients in the UK, Europe, Japan, and the US. They include individuals, start-ups, UK-based SMEs, and multinational corporations.
Lucy has an MPhys (Hons) degree in physics from the University of Manchester. She joined Mewburn Ellis LLP in 2016, qualifying as a Chartered Patent Attorney in 2019.