Our care of our clients' intellectual property portfolios does not stop at obtaining trade mark and design registrations and prosecuting patent applications.
Since 1991, we have been one of the few firms of patent and trade mark attorneys in the UK to include in our practice a team of lawyers all of whom are qualified solicitors. This team provides us with increased expertise in those aspects of our traditional core areas of applying for and maintaining intellectual property rights which benefit from a wider knowledge of general law. See our Spotlight page on IP Litigation here.
We regularly advise clients on a wide range of legal matters including:
- infringement of our clients' rights, including patents, trade marks, (registered and unregistered), designs (registered and unregistered) and copyright;
- advising on, and helping our clients to defend, infringement proceedings brought against them;
- dealing with other disputes relating to intellectual property, including pre-litigation contentious matters and preparing and advising on settlement agreements;
- establishing entitlements to inventions, designs, copyright and trade marks including preparing any documents necessary to put in place an unbroken chain of title;
- licensing of patents, trade marks and other intellectual property (see our web pages on these);
- advising on and preparing documents relating to technology transfer, including assignment and licensing of patents, designs, copyright and know-how, trade secrets and confidential information; and
- recording assignments, licences and name changes in relation to intellectual property in jurisdictions throughout the world.
If you wish to discuss any of these matters, please feel free to get in touch with Mewburn Ellis LLP.
Our lawyers are all experienced in the area of intellectual property law and will offer you a swift, efficient and competitive service.
This information is simplified and must not be taken as a definitive statement of law or practice.